The written responses on the exam were less than satisfactory. By now, you all should be experts at writing a speech, so let's give this another try. Rewrite your speech and post it here by the end of class (if you are absent then you have until tonight). Make sure to include all of the speech elements. If you are wondering "How can I improve my overall English GPA?" here is your answer. Take every assignment, no matter how small, very seriously. Have fun!

35 comments:
Hi guys, today I’m here to raise awareness about one of the most important for children, forest fires. I know fire is a shiny thing that takes your attention in these ages and it seems enjoyable to play with fire but someone who is experienced about fire must tell you the damages of fire that could hurt you.
There are many ways that could fire hurt you. For example when I was 6 years old I was playing with matches at home because it seems cool, then fire catched the curtain and spread out rapidly to the whole kitchen. My parents hardly stopped the fire and saved me. But my hand burned and it could be worse.
In forest there are much more things that flames can catch. Dry leaves are the most important thing to be careful about. When flames catches dry leaves and woods in forest its gonna spread like measles in a country school. It could burn you and your friends or it could surround before you escape.
Forests are oxygen sources for living things. They’re cleaning the air for us. Also trees obstructs natural disasters so trees plays important role to save humans life. In the other hand they’re nutrition sources for us. We can eat some of their fruits and we can make medecines. These things are supplying basic needs for human body so when you save the forests, actually you save the millions of people and animals life. To save forests we must be careful to not burn them.
The other thing is, it may cause to many people and animals to die. Spreading flames will harm forest animals. Also flames can reach the city and harm people who are living in there. You all watching superheroes that saving peoples life in cartoons. It seems impossible to be a hero but each children has a dream about it. Actually each time when you go to forest and don’t burn a fire or warn who burns you’re being a superhero just like in cartoons. You’re saving many peoples and animals life. You all know Iron Man right? The actor of Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr., saying that “Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.”. So you don’t need special powers to be a hero, just thing you need to do is save yourself and others from dangerous things. Choose the correct path guys….
Mert Karaydın
10 E 201
Forest Fire Speech
Hello everyone. I think you all know that why we are all here today. The main reason is the forest fire happened a few days ago which nearly destroyed our village. You will probably say, why does this man have to do with this topic, however I want to teach you the dangers of forest fires and how to prevent it.
First of all, when you are in the woods and want to make fire, you should check if there is wind and the woods are dry in the forest. If woods are dry in the forest it is dangerous to make fire because it can spread quickly. Also wind helps fire to spread so it makes easier to destroy the forest and you, children.
Second thing that, if you are in a middle of a fire, you should run and escape from the fire area. You have to get near a safe place and find adults. As Three Little Pigs say; “If there's a fire anywhere, there's danger there.Get Out, Stay Out, Don't You Go Back In!” So you should escape to a safe area.
Third and the last forest fires will probably kill you and destroy your house. Forests are very important for human life as Buggs Bunny lives in it and says so. Like he says “I need forests to live because I have everything I need in forest.” So you do not want Buggs Buny to die, right? Once again you should always be careful while making fire.
I told all of these to you because I don’t want another kind of situation which your friend Arvind did, who is in hospital right now. As a teacher and a friend I should say that from now on I expect everyone to act like I told you, otherwise you know what will happen.
Metehan Şahin
10-E 120
Forest Fire
Hello everyone. My name is Metehan Şahin. I am a new teacher here and I am also a part-time firefighter. I see that you all learned about the forest fire that happened. There were 3 of you there from our school and I think all of you know that they are the reason of that fire.
I was a student once like you guys. I hated school, teachers, assignments. I know how you feel. Some random adult comes here and talks about something everyone told you again and again. I don’t want to take your time talking about how serious this is. I want to tell you that I understand you and how you feel right now.
When I was a kid, there was a fire in my house. My mother was not there and I forgot to turn off the oven after I ate my lunch. In just seconds, the whole house burned but I got lucky enough to get myself out. Everything we had was gone. Books, clothes, and memories…
It is funny how people talk about these forest fires and never even mean what they say. I know this is serious and you should know it too but it is not something that you guys should be afraid of. You should be warned and educated about it to act logically when things get a little bit intense. As I told you, I acted quickly and got myself out of my house.
Your friends shouldn’t be making fire at all due to the conditions about that place but it is not their fault. Everyone can do mistakes. It is in our nature. I do mistakes all the time and I bet you do too. It is important to learn lessons from the mistakes, not forcing yourself not to do it.
I want you to know that people should not be mad at your friends. They did a mistake. It is OK to do mistakes. You should learn from your mistakes to prevent doing it again. As Robert Frost said: “Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.”
Renç Karaca
10-E / 151
Fire Safety
Hello kids, how are you today. As you all know a terrible fire happened in our forrest few days ago, and I assume that you all guys know what caused the fire. But Im gonna tell you anyways, 3 kids who went to play in the forrest have started the fire. Don't get me wrong kids, I don't blame them. They are kids just like you, and today Im going to teach you kids some important things about fire safety. Don't look at this as something boring and useless, it can save lives kids. So listen to me carefully please. So let's start with what causes fires.
There are many things that can cause fire. Matches, lighters, a glass bottle, camp fire or a cigarette. By the way kids, I wish non of you smokes cigarettes. Anyways guys lets get back to our topic. These things are the most common stuff that cause fires.
So please be careful while using these objects, and don't start a fire in the forrest, especially when it's summer and whole forrest is dry. That would be a really bad idea kids.
I told you before but Im telling you again, don't think these informations as useless crap. This can save you from very bad things. Those three kids have injured in that fire. One of the injured so bad and he has 3rd degree burns. Do you guys know how much burns hurt, so think 3rd degree burns as 10 times painful. You don't want to get a 3rd degree burn don't you. Also someone that you love can get hurt in these fires too. Think about them also.
Lastly I want to show you some pictures. These are some beautiful forrest that we had before. Now look at their new picture. They are horrible. So many dead trees, black dirt, colourless. Would you kids rather play in these dead forrest or in those beautiful forrest. I leave the choice to you kids. If you choose the beautiful ones, then you should think again before using fire or use it very carefully if you have to use it. Today's class if over guys. I hope that all of you guys listened and cared what I just told you. Have a nice day, see you soon.
Deniz Somuncuoğlu
10-E 156
Forest Fires Speech
Hello everyone. The reason we are all here today is because, as you all know, there was a massive fire near our village past weekend. Although most of you are probably happy that the school is cancelled for a couple of days, the situation is more serious. Today, I am here to tell you the dangers of forest fires, so you don’t cause it. I know what you are asking to each other right now. What does Mr. Deniz have to do with this topic? You might not know but I am actually also a part time ranger. I patrol the forest every weekend and you can’t imagine what I have been through this weekend. I was running away from the fire and it burned a small part of my back. You wouldn’t even imagine the pain it gave. So, listen to me if you don’t want this to happen to you.
First of all, we are really lucky that the fire was extinguished before it came to the village. If it did, I wouldn’t be here standing, you wouldn’t be there sitting and whispering to each other, thinking that I’m not seeing you. And your parents out there wouldn’t be at their jobs. Fire is really harmful, if it is not controlled. For example, you all watch the cartoon “Adventure Time” right? In that TV show the Fire princess says “You should not toy with the emotions of a fire elemental.” That is also same in real life. Fire is not a toy, you should play with. It can kill you.
Secondly, fire doesn’t only kill people, it destroys the nature and the animal life. You all have probably been in the forest, right? If you have been there, you have definitely seen a little deer, looking for its mother, or little birds going to their home, their nests. Well, now they are all gone. There are no birds going to their homes, because they have been forced to leave. No deers looking for their mother. So, if you are not going to be careful for yourself, be careful for all those wonderful beings. Do you really want to feel responsible for their lives? Even if they are animals, you should feel empathy.
Last of all, a forest fire doesn’t only hurt the people near it. It can, in some sense, travel miles away. The smoke that comes out of the fire is carbon dioxide, but I know you are not interested in that. What you should be interested of is that it can travel miles away to other villages and hurt the people in there. That smoke is toxic. Remember in the cartoon “Gravity Falls,” there is a scene where the room is being filled with gas and they can’t breath. It’s that toxic.
So now you know what can accur with a little fire in a forest. I hope that you won’t cause anything that will lead to that. Just don’t bring anything with fire in a forest, OK? You can bring flashlights, that is a possible solution.
Hi students today I’m going to talk about the fire and it’s causes. We get over a bad sitiuation. I’m making this speech because ı don’t want it to be happened again. My aim is make you think about what is the effects of your atitude.
My name is Asya. And I’m your teacher, and your sister.
I decided to make this speech because ı don’t want it to be happen again. When I saw that news in the newspaper ı get shocked because 3 young child are making a forest fire and they are mine student. So it makes me feel bad and guilty. You don’t destroy forest you are also disturbed your family’s feeling and the people in your enviroment. They are always praud of you but this situation make you unresponsaiable. And it’s mine and your parent work, responsibiliy.
You also destroy the forest with a litlle spark. Do you see how easy is it. To destroy animals life and trees. Our world are depend on us and we are living on it. We can’t hurt it. “A villager burnt to death and dozens were left homeless as a major forest fire raged Saturday in the Mediterranean province of Antalya, Turkey's main tourist hub, officials and media reports said.” I read this news on HaberTurk. And I asked my self why? But now I get it.
And most importantly, it’s effect you. Because you are going to live with this felling. But look at the possitive sides. It is a good lesson for everyone. Because it will not repeat again.
Today, I want you to think what is the effects of your act. I always want to proud of you, and actiually I am. Please, think before you act. I know this speech is can’t take back time but at least it isn’t going to be repead again. By the way, happy birthday. I know it’s your best birthday ever. And we should do something to hill the forest. Starting at tomorrow we will go that forest and start to clean it after that we are going to plant a three.
Hello guys, today even though I am your precious teacher, I want to talk to you as a child. I am a daughter and a sister. I came from country side and my family and I earn a livelihood from farm. My mother is actually better at crops than in kitchen. When I was 11 there was a fire in the forest behind our terrain and we’ve lost many of our animals, however the worst of all was that the fire begin at night when we were sleeping. The most effected terrain was ours however we were lucky that we’ve survived because people whom started the fire called the firefighters when one of them came home and saved us, I still remember it like yesterday when he told me something that I’ll never forget, “Kid, never forget that you are never old enough to bring fire under control. Fire is just like venom, once it’s inside it never turns into a benefit, and leaves deep scars.” From that day on I was even scared to light up the oven. It took me time to erase the scene of burning forest and flames in front of my eyes. That forest fire was really bad for the town and it’ll leave deep scars however the reasons behind this all is uneducated people, those people whom started the fire most probably didn’t get education for a topic like this you guys are really lucky to have one. I truly wished that you guys would get this education for just in case situations not because it happened and you guys witnessed it.
I want to ask a question to you kids have you ever wondered how forest fires affects our lives? The leading cause of death in America is house fires. İt happens from the kitchen where your moms cook. It’s sad but a true fact. Most parents tell you to know the place of the fire extinguisher in your house and if something catches on fire you call the fire department. But they don’t tell you have to prevent it in a forest. This is just the basics of fire prevention. İt will be helpful if you know about fire preventation it is a very important topic in this time of the year when the sun is blazing on top our heads, but do you know how your supposed to extinguish a forest fire? How much time you need? You think that everyone knows about fire prevention that it’s an easy topic but it’s not that simple kids but that’s why there are people like myself, fire prevention ambassadors, and your local fire fighters that can teach you about fire safety. I know when I was younger I didn’t know a thing about fire safety, and my family and myself suffered because of it. When I was your age I accidently dropped a burning flare in the forest that I was carrying with me for a night camp with the boy scouts it burned a large segment of the forest and it burned the forest rangers house and it caused damaged I was kicked out and had to explain it to my parents. From that day I wanted to teach other people how to prevent forest fires. You should always be careful with fire because fire is like a wild animal and you have to learn how to tame it.
Hello kids, as you all know something bad happened to the forest in our village. Your friend Arvind is in the hospital because of this situation and today, we will be discussing preventing forest fires happening again. I know that everybody is worried about Arvind but I can say that he is okay now. But his face and some parts of his body will not be the same anymore because of the burns and he has to live with that. You may be thinking, what are this woman talking about, shouldn’t we be learning new things about science but I am also a volunteer in a “Fire Awareness Program”. Once, a fire started in a forest and unfortunately 55 people died and lots of people lost their families. It was very sad to see people like that. Lighting a match in the forest is very dangerous if you don’t know the consequences because first of all you can get burns in your body and have to live with that like your friend Arvind. Secondly, forest fires can affect the places we live and we can get damaged too. This damage would affect all of our sources and our health because of the fire and smoke. So if you don’t want this to happen, you shouldn’t light a fire in a forest and prevent it. Also as we all see in the previous chapter, Nature and Animals, they are too important for our lives because they provide the sources we need. By destroying a forest, a lot of animals die and it will directly lead us to a bad situation. They are the cycle of life so it is very important. If you want to live like the way your are now, just stay away from lighting a fire in the forest.
Kerem Doğan
10-E 212
Hey kids, you all know me as one of the teachers but did you knew that I used to work as a firefighter. As you all know one of your friend caused a wild fire in the forest which could have ended pretty bad but we handled the fire before it got worser. Today I am here to talk about the dangers of the fire. Remember what Elmo said to you kid “Don’t play with fire”. Today I will talk you about fire and its ability of destruction
As you all know, fire is a unsustainable power even if its in a form of an ember. This ember have the possibility destroy our village in seconds.So never ever make a fire even if you have an expert next to you just don’t. If its an survival matter then you should secure the fire place. Before you make your fire place make sure there is no wind and watch out for the dry soil. Another think you should look out for is that the fire itself. Never ever left a fire alone it will spread really fast.
It is really dangerous as you all know our friends animals lives in the forests. Even if the fire doesn’t effect us it will effect them. They would been forced to leave their homes to survive but even when they are running away it doesn’t means that they would survive. However in this fire there weren’t such an incident so we were lucky.
When I was at your ages there was a huge fire that broke out in the village a lot of building were burning. When the firefighters manage to stop the fire a lot of people become homeless and they lost their valuable stuffs with the fire. I remember we let people to stay at my families home until they moved to a new house.
As to conclude my idea please don’t play with fire. It is really dangers to us and to the environment. I know you would get bored over this idea however it will help you one day. As Elmo said “Don’t play with fire.”
My Dear Friends,
Today, I am going to emphasize the seriousness of the catastrophic consequences of dangerous movements even if they have been made unconciously. I wanted to have a this kind of conversation with you because I know that you all are good kids just unaware of the seriousness of really bad behaviors. I made this inference from my own childhood behaviors, so I believe that I can understand you and make you understand the heavy prices of the dangerous movements like starting a fire in a forest. Once I just wanted to see how a paper burns, so I approached a match on a paper and watched it burn. Then flame began to grow and I dropped the paper suddenly when I felt it burned me from where I held the paper. Thus, the fire spread to the curtains in the house, and from there almost the entire house was burned. I always think that if someone else would be at home and harmed, how I could live with a pang of conscience like this.
I am telling this to you because in these days we had an incident that three children have burned a fire in the forest in the aim of celebrating birthday but then there were a big disaster instead of a celebration. At result, one of the children was seriously hurt. Furthermore, the forest was destroyed very badly. That's why I want something very important to you. Please do not ignore the warnings that your parents or your teachers have made and wonder why you are being warned, then search. So you will actually see what is the the right thing to do.
At the same time, there is a common knowledge that if you start a fire in a forest including dead and dry leaves then the fire spread rapidly through all the forest. So firstly you sould be sure of you know what you are doing. On the other hand, I want to clarify that starting a fire in a forest is not a way to show any kind of celebration. Those kids have realized that but for the rest of their lives all of them will suffer because of the damage that they brought to the environment and themselves. This situation is quite devastating for a child's psychology.
Finally, my dear friends I do not think that any of you will intentionally harm your surroundings or yourselves. I believe that you will make your choices by considering their results after this talk.
Hello children,
I know all of you heard about the forest fire that your friends started. We are glad that your friends are okay and our houses aren’t burnt but the whole forest is destroyed, and the lovely animals that lived in the forest are gone now. There have been an impact and there would be more impact you can be sure about it.
Do you want something like this to happen again? If you don’t want than nod your heads.
When I was your age I like to play with matches and my parents didn’t hid them but your parents should. Kids you don’t need matches, after listening to my story you will understand why. I burnt whole my room while I was playing with those damn matches. My precious toys was destroyed and if my mother didn’t get me then I wouldn’t be here.
Guys listen up, today I’m here to teach you the dangers of fire and how to not hurt yourself or our environment.
First of all, we are lucky that the wind turned its direction, if it didn’t the fire would burnt our houses, my house, your house. Kids you have to understand the nature of fire. Fire has more negative ways than positive ways and it’s uncontrollable. Do you know how it feels when you burn your hand? It hurts! I hope you already knew that you must not start a fire in forest.
Secondly, there is a thing called ecology that you might not heard about it. When the forest got destroyed with that the animals and their houses got burnt. There would be an impact, we have to plant new trees and hope that the animals will come back. If you were one of those lovely animals would you come back after people burning your home? No. Than we will help replanting of the trees and get those animals back. Will you help kids?
To conclude, kids fire is dangerous and we will suffer from it consequences. To reduce the consequences we will work kids and I hope that you will participate in it.
My purpose today is to make you guys understand something important. We need to be aware of some things to save ourselves. You students might wonder what am I talking about. Fire. You students might also wonder what can be so dangerous and important about fire. Let me tell you. My daughter is a cheerful girl, she always smiles and makes everyone happy. She loves long walks in the forest. She love running in the forest. She loves to spend time in the outdoor and listen to music. She is an athlete. Actually she was. She used to love to do all of things that I have said before but I am ruined to say that she hates right now. She is mostly sad and she is like a different person right now. It was a sunny saturday morning when she wore her running clothes and went to the closest forest by herself for her running training. There was one thing that she didn’t know and that was the fire which started in the forest that she was. A group of kids started a fire without their claim. It was too late for her to run away from fire without getting hurt. Even she was frightened she started to run away from fire. When she came next to me there were all scars in her face, body but mostly her legs. She was destroyed. She quitted training since then. She never runs. She says that it reminds her the fear of death. Every time she look at the mirror and look to her face she remembers that fire. Every time that I look at my daughter’s face I remember the shock I lived when I saw her with scars. I hate fires. I am scared of fire. I want you guys to be aware of starting a fire. A fire that grows up can end up to change some persons all life. Starting a fire in a place like fire is not a simple thing and it is not for children as I can understand for what I lived. My advice to you is that it is not necessary to start a fire. If you are going to start a fire do it with someone who have knowledge about it and knows the steps in a safe place. At the end don’t forget to clean up everything.
Hello Kids;
When they came and asked me to make a presentation about the consciousness of forest fire, I told them they must be too sad to listen this presentation. But when I thought logically, I understood that I should have given you awareness about this important topic. So let's start. As you all know, unfortunately you had suffered from a huge forest fire that nearly took your life. We can say that is a near miss. Because of their ignorance your three friends caused a fire in your precious forest. You shouldn’t get angry to them. Because you may be in their position. I am here to give you education about this topic.
First of all, you should be aware of the strong winds that could spread the fire all around the forest when you are making a small bonfire. That's why you shouldn’t open a fire in a forest. It is really dangerous for your life and even for the other living organisms. You may ruin their natural habitat by opening a small fire for your pleasure. Also if the fire could not have controlled by firefighters on time, you may be homeless now. Forest fires are dangerous for yourselves plus the environment. Your ex president was always trying to expand forest areas for create you and all US citizens a good environment.
In conclusion do not forget this fact: 90% of all wildfires are started by humans. Please do not open a open bonfire in a forest for saving your future.
Hello children, Today I want to talk about forest fire because of we lived very bad events last saturday so I want your consicousness to increase for that. Our country is rich in forests so it accompanied by the wildfire. it has a lot of reasons for this bad situation for example; temperature, garbage and committed insensible barbecue in the forest etc. But what all of them have in common is that the reason behind these problems are humans. I want to ask a question about that; do you want live in the dump during whole life. Probably, all of you will say no but why ? I think, you did not want because of the air; filthy and harmful. But I would like to add, our world to be like a dump because of humans. The most important thing, we are missue the forests. Our future in the forest but we don’t care that.
Hello kids! Today we will to talk about a little different topic called dangers of the forest fires. At the end of the lesson my aim is to brief you about the some possible dangers you should know. Before starting no the forest fire is not “awesome” things that you want to experience like in movies. It is not great for sure. I am telling this because I don’t want you go through the horrible experience like what happened to them in last week. They were so terrified and the fire hurt them. Besides it almost destroyed our lovely homes with the whole forest. I guess none of you want that to happen again, right?
I guess you would want to know why I am here making this speech to you. I did not tell you but my friend was a firefighter and 2 to 3 years ago I watched him dealing with a forest fire. A person was almost died and he saved him. That was so terrible.
Firstly as I said it can go beyond the forest and spread to the whole village. Just try to imagine it. Also don’t forget that especially in dry seasons it can easily spread before you even blink your eyes because even the smallest fire can burn through the dry things very easily.
Fire is at some point can be uncontrollable and even my firefighter friend may not be able to stop it. If that happens our families will feel the most unimaginable fear while the fire on the way to our homes. The feeling is really horrifying one and trust me you don’t want it.
Lastly the fire will not just affect us people. It will also affect the nature, forest, and animals. The beautiful forests will left the ashes of the fire.
Zeynep Tezel
10-E 169
Good morning kids,
Today we’re going to talk about the fire that almost destroyed our village. I’m making this speech because I don’t want to face with an accident like that again, no one does. It might be hard to explain the dangers of fire to second grades, but luckily, you guys are in third grade now, you are grown enough to understand the importance of this speech.
As a teacher, sometimes even I can face with something bigger than I expect. Yes I said that you are grown enough but, it doesn’t mean that you can take all of the responsibility. A few days ago, your friends thought they can handle the fire but you saw the results of it. What I’m trying to say is don’t try to dominate all the areas of life, take help of a responsible person, listen to them. Believe me, when I was young, I never listened my mom’s advices. She always said that I should be careful while crossing the street. One day, I was planning to go to my friend Sarah’s house. She was living across the street. As always, my mom told me to be careful. I sighed and started to run, I thought I’m grown, as grown as Carl Fredricksen so I don’t have to mind my mom’s advises. You, smart kids might predict the result of it; I was nearly get hit by a car.
First of all hello everyone my name is Emir and I am here to instruct you about fire in the woods. 4 Years ago my home was burned down due to a major forest fire caused by kids just like you. They burned down the whole village and peoples home including theirs. Not only that they also killed a lot of animals because of the fire they unknowingly started. Do not fear though, I am here to inform you about those fires and how to start them properly without burning down the whole forest in case you need a fire. So first of all you have to make sure you absolutely need a fire before starting one. Which means unless you are lost in the woods and having to spent the night there to cook something to eat or just to warm yourself up to avoid getting frozen to dead, don’t cause a forest fire. You should avoid it because of some several obvious reasons like I mentioned about losing my home. But when you need to start one you should make sure that you are putting up a wall of stones around the fire to prevent it from spreading around. You should also make sure that there aren’t anything dry that you do not intent to burn around the fire to prevent it from uncontrollably grow. So as a conclusion I strongly recommend you not to start a fire in the woods or anywhere unless you definitely need it but if you are definitely in need of a fire you should take the vital preventions to abstain destructive outcomes.
Hi kids,
Today I am going to talk to you about the danger of forest fires. You’re teacher called me here to talk to you about the situation because I am a park ranger.
Fire can be really interesting to play with and observe because it’s shiny and you want to see what it does. I really liked to play with fire until that day which it burned my whole house down and killed my parents. That was the turning point for me just like you’re friends who burned down the whole damn forest down.
Let me tell you something kids if you burn the forest down you are destroying the homes of animals, which are the inspiration of the cartoons you watch. If you burn the forest down say no to cartoons. Also do you like starving? Because when you destroy the forest you destroy you’re major food source, which are animals. So think about it no food, no cartoons that’s a heck of a boring life.
Now I want to talk to you about how you can prevent the fire or just contain it. You kids are really lucky that the fire didn’t reach town because if it did you have a really low chance of seeing your friends and family who were devoured by the fire you’re friends just started. To prevent this you should take some measures. Like checking if there is wind or too many dry leaves and barks. Also you can dig a whole or just cover the fire with rocks. Make sure to have some water with you because you’re going to need it when you’re leaving or just if the fire gets out of control so you can extinguish it.
Like I always say “Be sensible be safe” don’t get captured by the moment like you’re friend did when he got cocky because he was the birthday boy. He started ordering his friends around and when his friend told him his concern he was arrogant and stated he knew the best. Don’t be like him. Take measures and think you’re actions through. So you can be a productive member of our society.
Emir Isik
10-D 102
Hello kids. As the forest ranger of this area, I was assigned to talk to you guys about the recent fire that almost devastated a whole area of the forest including our village. As you all saw and can understand, forest fires are perilous and deadly. The reason I'm here talking to you is because we cannot let another incident like this happen.
Forest fires damage everything in their radius, devour dry barks and trees, wipe out animals living in the area, and can cause a massacre. All of this can occur if someone makes a small mistake. Due to the recent incident, everyone has become aware, and I want to be sure that you guys understand what kind of threat this is to all of us.
While you're out in the woods, please think before you act. I know this is a big responsibility for you guys, however, you guys are going to be the future of our village and if we get swallowed by a forest fire before, we won't have one.
Hello kids,
Today I want to talk about the fire event and I want to inform all of you about how dangerous these things are. You are probobly going to ask " Who is this guy?" I am a teacher from the nearby village and I' ve lost my house on a forest fire. So I know how dangerous it is. Forest fires are not just dangerous for yourselfs, it is also very dangerous to the environment, to the animals and to the other people who are living around.
In todays world in our country there are not forests left so we really have to take care of them and protect them. The forests are our only oxygen source which we need most to live. As the forest amount decrease the forest animals homes also been destroyed. We have to protect the animals. People are thinking that the world is just our homes but it is definately wrong, world is home to animals and plants too, we have to remember that. Most importantly the villages around. Just because of three kids who wants to have fun people are losing their friends and homes.
So we have to really careful when we are in a forest. We have to protect them for the environment, for the animals and the next generation, they are also going to need them.
Fire Prevention Speech - Can Umut / 10D
Hello Kids, today I want to talk to you about a very important topic that you should take very seriously. As you all might know, a couple of days ago there was a wild forest fire in our neighbourhood that caused lots of damage, What you didnt know is that this fire was accidentaly started by your friends. Fire is no toy for kids and i cannot emphasize this enough. When I was about your age, my friend and ı were walking near the forest and suddenly we saw a glimmer of light. Since we were little we got curious like most of you do and decided to check it out, and thats when we found ourselves in the middle of a wild fire. I made it out okay but my friend was injured severely, thats when ı realised fires are very dangerous. The reason I am telling you this story is because your friends are still at the hospital and you need to realize the importance of this situation.
First thing I want to talk about is your safety. You can get very hurt very easily in a fire and you must always be extremely cautious near it. You are all growing up really fast and as you grow up you learn and develop every single day but the thing you might not realise is that you still have a lot to learn and experience, which is why you must always have an adult with you when starting a fire to supervise and act if needed. I think I already made it clear that you shouldn’t start a fire near a forest or anywhere where it is not safe and controlled. The lack of knowledge is the reason why your friends harmed themselves and caused major damage both to themselves and on the environment.
Another reason why Im taking my time by explaining this situation in detail is because small actions may have repercussions that cannot be determined before and things can get out of hand. Our nature is very important to us, with the growth of the population, new buildings, skyscrapers and new cities are being built rapidly and our nature is being perished, which is why we must try our best to preserve it. İnconsiderate actions like starting an unstable fire in a dry forest will cause us to lose our beloved forests which should be saved not destroyed and the hardwork of all the people will be wasted. The gas released by the burning of our forest also affects our health in a negative way and start building up the diseases that show their effects later on in our lives.
Forests are the homes of many animals and they have as much right to live on this planet as we do. We do not have the luxury to act carellesly when our actions destroy their natural habitat. It is our duty to protect the environment from harms way. These are some of the reasons which are more than enough for you to be very careful for you to consider when starting a fire in order to save yourself and the environment around you from any kind of danger fires may cause.
Hello, Mickey’s. In this class, as someone who’s seen a disaster like forest fires before, I want to tell you guys about some memories I have in my mind about that horrific night. Now, most of you might say that you’ve had enough of someone coming and telling you how terrible these forest fires are and that you should take any precautions to prevent them from happening; but today, I’m not just going to tell you what precautions that you should be taking, but I will tell you more of my memories.
So it was an amazing Friday night before this forest fire occurred. The fire started with a spark and swallowed 5 yards of woods in only two minutes. In that forest, was someone who had a house there. That fire burned down his entire house, and he now had no supplies to bring to his relatives at the lake. You know who that was? Donald Duck. Donald Duck not only lost his house that day, he also lost his source of supplies for himself and his friends. Besides Donald Duck, there were also the people you saw in the streets that night as well. They were crying because some of them lost their babies. Imagine if Donald Duck lost his baby, how would he feel? Desperate, right? And if he feels desperate, how is he supposed to go in front of the camera and have fun and laugh with you guys?
See, some disasters may lead to some terrible things we can’t even imagine. If you don’t want these to happen to your favorite TV series hero, don’t hurt them. Don’t hurt their lives. Donald Duck says that nobody should be taking action without thinking of it for at least two times, and nobody should act carelessly. Follow his words, and he will live happily ever after. Just like you.
Forest Fires Speech
Hi kids! Today I came here for giving you information about the forest fires. The school principle specifically called me teach you about this situation because as you all know now one your school mate is having a bad at the hospital and my second job at this village is being a fire fighter. Yeah I saved many lives from the fire it doesn’t mean that one day if you start a fire, I can save you too. It is normal thing to be curious about shiny things like fire but you should also know that fire is not a toy.
When I was at your age my village got water flowed because of forest fires. A man who was having a picnic at the forest forgot to put out the fire before he leaves there and at that night all of our forest has gone. 2 months later that event it rained a lot and there was nothing to stop that much of water and all of our village was destroyed. I know that is a very miserable event but that life mates; every mistake has conclusions.
As you all know in order to continue our life we need oxygen to breed. Forests are lungs of our world. There is no oxygen producer like trees. They are our friends, they are living and trying to help us. Try to think them as a scientific superheroes so you don’t want to hurt them. If you start a fire without a permission of your parents then that means you are cooperating with villains. Don’t be the bad guy of your lifetime story, be the good guy and warn your friends about it.
Do you love animals? If somebody burns your home what will you do, will you be content or irritated and mopy? Then don’t play with fire in the forest. It is not a toy and by mistake you make thousands of lives. Forests are homes for lots of animals. While they are trying to survive the harsh conditions of nature, you come there, burn their homes and start more mess for them. Dangerous animals like wolves live there. Because their foods are gone with the fire they will come to our village to find food. You don’t want to disturb something that scares you of right?
Hello everyone ,
My name is Selena . As a teacher I want to talk about one of my important memory about fire. The reason why I'm doing this speech is the forest fire which was happened next to our school. I want you ro learn the dangers of forest fires and what should you do to prevent it.
10 years ago me and one of my friend went to forest for camping. We wanted to make a fire. The first thing you should do is when you want ro make a fire you need to make sure that the woods are dry and you need to check if there is wind. The reason why you need check is if there is wind and if the woods are dry,winds and woods help fire to spread very easily and quickly which cause forest fire.
Secondly, if you are at the middle of a fire you need to run and move away from the area to find a place which is safe next to adults. However,forests are usually away from city center so it can be diffucult to find somewhere safe.Because of that it is better to go with an adult at forest.
In conclusion, a forest fire doesn't only hurt people. It can travel and spread very fast. As we all know forest are the home of animals .We shouldn't act carelessly about destroying the natural habitat. It is every organisms right to live on the earth as we do. It is our resposibility to protect the environment and prevent those fires. These are the reasons why you should be carefull about starting a fire to save your self ,other organisms life and the natural habitat from any kind of danger fires may cause. Every experience teaches us something. This was the most important one for me.
Hey Buddies,
Today, we are all gathered here for a purpose, as you might have predicted, there was an enormous forest fire in your village just couple of days ago. Despite the fact that some of you were delighted apparently due to cancellation in school, I want you all to comprehend the seriousness of the situation. At this moment, you might be asking yourselves what does Ulas Teacher has to do with the fire, so let me end up your curiosity. When I was at your age, I witnessed the same case, and it was me who started the fire. Therefore, I thought that it would be the best to listen the dangers of forest fire from my mouth since I went through it when I was a little kid just like you did. I used to like to play with fire because it had an overwhelming look, until the day I burned my village and killed dozens of innocent people. Have you ever heard that creepy noises at night, begging you to not hurt them, and keeping you awake till the morning? Well for sure I heard them, and I could not sleep for months. Hopefully, there were no major casualties of the forest fire you created, and you did not suffer as I did. In any case, listen to me ears wide open to avoid any of these happening to you.
First of all, you should be all thankful that fire extinguished before it spread to your village, because otherwise a lot of people would lose their lives including children at your age. Fire is extremely hazardous, and once you start it you cannot take it back. From my experiences, I can tell you that the hardest of all is to come face to face with their parents. You cannot imagine how agonizing and grieving their faces are. Unfortunately, that’s what I see every time I close my eyes, and I bet that’s not something you would enjoy seeing.
Second of all, fire is also destructive for the animal life, and nature. Haven’t we all spend some time in nature right? Probably seeing couple of animals playing with their babies and being in search of food in order to survive. From now on, there will be no animals in that forest, because you devastated their natural habitat. We, humans, do not have the luxury to take away animal’s habitat from them, instead it should be our duty to protect their environment.
Last but not least, fire forests produces a toxic smoke called carbon dioxide which harms the atmospheric layer. For sure, it travels several kilometers and harm people as well. Remember the book “The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas”, this gas was used in concentration camps to execute Jewish people. My point is it can be exceedingly hurtful to the environment as well as the livings.
In conclusion, be aware of how dangerous a fire forest might be, and think before you act. Measuring your actions will show you truth and you’ll eventually avoid terrible consequences. As John Patrick stated, “Every decision you ever make has its own consequences”. Henceforth, you know what a little fire can cause, so I believe you’ll not do anything that will lead to it. Take care of yourselves.
Hello kids! Today, I’m here to share some experience, and advice about forest fires, an underrated disaster with horrible consequences. Well, who am I? I’m no professional, no firefighter, or no police, however I’m a former victim of forest fires; someone who you can relate to. 2 years ago, due to my irresponsible actions, I left the iron on and started a fire at our house which was located in the forest. And as you can imagine, my behavior unlocked the Pandora’s box. After suffering a pang of conscience, and wanting to make up my mistakes, I decided to raise awareness on schools to kids, to prevent such an incident to happen again. First of all, when it comes to building a fire, making sure that there is no wind, is really important. It is likely for the fire to spread when there is wind. In addition, always carry some kind of a blanket with you. Cutting the link between the fire and the oxygen is necessary to stop the reaction. Perhaps that’s a topic you could discuss with your Science Teacher. I’m not sure if you’re allowed to use cell phones yet, but calling 156 is an essential definitely. Professionals should take care of the situation before it gets too late. And if you don’t own a cell phone, this might be a practical reason to ask your families to buy you one. :) Besides all of the precautions you need to take, keep in mind what trees actually mean to us. I bet you all read the sad story of “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein. Together, let’s disprove the general perception of humans damaging anything beautiful. Let’s appreciate the value of trees, before losing them.
Hello, kids. How are you? I think you all know about the fire came up a few days ago in this village’s forest. Your friend Arvind is injured and some of his parts burned but he is going to be okay. He just needs to rest for now. We all are glad to know that no one died or anything bigger happened like fire coming to your village. However, badly this thing happened to my village. That’s why I am here to talk to you guys because it is a really serious subject.
Two years ago same exact thing happened in our village, but bigger. Some of the houses burned too. People lost their home and relatives. Luckily I was able to run away from the fire with the rest of the people before it’s too late. But, my neighbors wasn’t lucky enough. I lost some of them and some of them were injured. With this story, I am not trying to blame you or anything. ı just want you guys to know that this is a very serious subject and you should be careful about this.
Lots of people think that it is not dangerous to start a fire in the forest for picnics, camping or any other reasons. But it is so dangerous as you saw a few days ago. You should know that fire catches up when the things are dry. Even if the forest seems wet, you shouldn’t be lighting a fire because it couldn’t be wet as you think. Also, you should know that wind can came at any time and from any direction. That can make the flames spread faster.
You are still growing up and you are learning while you are growing up. You all learn from your mistakes. But before its too late and do this mistakes, you should be aware of these kinds of dangerous subjects and do things after thinking the consequences. Otherwise, it can hurt people the environment or even your favorite animal. You don’t want to see them hurt right? How would it be a place without Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse or the hero of your life story, “you”?
Hello kids,
Today ı'm hear with you because ı have something to say. You may don't know me and also ı don't now you like your friends, so let me say who ı am? My name is Alin Gurdikyan and forest fire cause of my happy times with my lovely family and friends. I have a story about fire and forest. That story maybe not have happy ending, but you can learn something from this story. so let me start.
I'm from a little village where trees and lakes are everywhere. Everybody knows each other and we look after each other. Every Sunday the village people and my people get together and have fun from morning to night. those days are my happiest day. Who knows that one of those Saturday a fire kill my whole happy hours. It was 9 PM and we were too relax and dizzy from the drinks. we didn't know some bunch of kids ran away from the fest too deep inside of the forest and in there they were camping while drinking, which drinks that they stoled. One of them was too drunk and even he couldn't his front side. he by mistake drop the drinks into the camp fire and fire just start too fast that they couldn't quench. Half an hour, the fire reach our village and burned whole thing. Should ı say ı was lucky or unluckiest guy, but ı was the one who stay alive.
So, now you know how fire can be dangerous too. Children, fire is not just mean warm, it can be destructive, a killer. ı lost my family, the people who make me say "I'm home." But ı can't say anymore. Be happy as passable as you can with your friend. enjoy that you have and don't play with fire because everybody know, always fire wins.
Hello kids, you may sit down. As you all may know, last week a forest fire had existed. I am still shocked because of it. You may be curious about what I am going to tell you about the fire. I am Ms.Ozkaya who is willing to share memories about forest fire. I really wanted to talk with you when I heard the fire. The reason is that you are too young to know the real danger of forest fire. Fire was happened and we should move on in order to prevent next forest fires. I hope the things I will tell will enlighten your minds.
So,let me tell you a little story that I had lived when I was child. On a sunny sunday me and my family went to picnic in Polonezkoy. We were planning to have picnic and barbeque. We set off the brainer and wait for the sausages to be roasted. While waiting, my father, my sister and I was playing volleyball which was very enjoying. Then, I smelt some kind of a burning smell and turned my head where it came from. The brainer was out of fire and near the brainer there were young, small pine trees. Suddenly, it jumped over the pine trees and until we brought water they were all burned. I was so sad about the pine trees. If we would not realize the fire that quick, it would cause more harm. Like a one month, I could not sleep and saw the fire in my dreams. It really effected me. Then, from the news we heard that the entry to the forest had been banned beaches of the fire. I told you this story because I wanted to see how short enjoyable moment can cause a big accident. Now, I will tell you some significant about to the forest.
Forest are the most important part of the chain. Most importantly, they provide recreation. They remove carbon dioxide and produce oxygen. However, when you burned it, it started to release smoke which cause air pollution. I will make us to breath difficult. The less trees and plants there are the less clean air we have to breathe. With no plants or trees, the animals that did survive no longer have anything to eat. Secondly, how about the animals? Forests are the homes for them not for us. Animals lose their lives. It is sad but true fact that birds, squirrels, rabbits, and other wildlife animals are no longer a part of this great earth.
I told you that plants, forests and animals are gone because of the forest fires but it is important that people are dying because of it as well. Typically people who are fighting the fire who lose their lives trying to save others. After the things I have told you, do you realize the danger more? I had read an article in wildfire today which was giving statical information about forest fires. It said that From the mid-1980s through 2015 the average number of acres burned has grown from about 2 million acres a year to around 8 million. This means that we should be aware of the consequences of fires. We should be more careful about the situation and be more sensitive. This is our world and we are the people that should it. If you want to learn more, you can read the book that I read which is Young Man and Fire by Norman Maclean. Thank you for your patience today. You did a great job. If you have questions, see me at break. See you!
Good morning everyone. Some of you might have seen me before, I teach to the older kids about this village that we live in. That includes the weather, therefore this forest fire which happened due to everything being to dry and weather being too windy.
You all have seen how the fire destroyed the forest within minutes, destroying every living thing on its way. Now the ones that were lucky enough to survive have a challenge, they have to find a new home that is suitable for their needs and that is not always easy. And that is a trouble for us as well, we will have to travel long distances to find some meat to eat, and especially you, need those proteins to grow up.
Now that the forest is gone, there will be nothing to hold to soil, at any given second this village might be gone due to landslides. We needed those trees to hold down the soil for us. Another reason why this sucks for us is that there is nothing to absorb the water anymore, when spring comes and heavy rain starts, we will be expecting floods as well. We might need to move to somewhere else. Would any of you want to abandon your home like those poor animals?
We were lucky enough to have no house burned and other than your friends that started the fire, there is no harm. Arvind, however, is in the hospital with 3rd degree burns, and he will have to carry the weight if that forever, those burns don't go away. I have had a similar experience with fire around five years ago, while trying to light some candles while the lights were out, I ended up burning my arm, and the scar of it is still there.
So, children, next time you need to start a fire, call an adult or just stay out of it for everyone's sake.
Hey there kids,
Today I want you to get to know about fire and its dangers. Now I want you guys to stop and think about what could happen worse about this fire. Would the village burn down to ashes? Would we all die? Close your eyes and think for 2 minutes. Okay so now after thinking let’s review this all together. The main point is that our village, houses and schools could have been rubbish and the most important our families could die, we could be injured and hurt so bad like as your friend who had his birthday that day. Imagine the Simpsons episode where the whole village was burnt down and Homer was angry, you don’t want this to happen again. Think that our bridges, cemeteries, schools, churches and many other playgrounds, think that your parks were gone for good, and forever. Suppose that your best friend that played with you in the swings yesterday is gone now. What are you going to do now? You will start crying and wish you hadn’t played with the matches or did not do the stupid thing you were doing (that you were not supposed to do). Let me tell you a thing I’ve been through when I was your age. All of my friends were older and smoking so much that I knew it was going to cause me trouble someday but I always tried to avoid it. But that day, I felt it coming. One of my dumb friends threw his cigarette when it was still burning and luckily we did not have any burning but the dry soil started to have ashes and the cops arrived. My friends got arrested for smoking underage but I was fine. So you young people should know that this world is yours and you should use it accordingly and carefully.
Those of you who don’t learn from their mistakes, will suffer its consequences. Last week we all paid the price because the procedures wasn’t done correctly by students from this school. The point is that there are still some people who don’t know why they shouldn’t start a fire at this time of year. Because the ground is dry and A fire start will grow fast. As expected our friends who were in forrest last week couldn’t control the fire. Nobody could contol that fire without certain equipment. Right now I want to talk about the effects of wildfire on 3 different catagories.
During the fire local fire department and civilians tried to stop the fire. When all the fire trucks and firefighters weren’t enough to put out the fire. Helicopters were sent from Washington in order to extinguish the fire. Beacuse the fire was spread to virgin part of the forrest. It is will take long time for forrest to regenarate itself. During the time of renovation because they had already lost their home, they will try to find a new place to live eventually they won’t find anywhere and will come to our village and we will need to extract them.
There was a risk losing our homes and lives. If the fire have been more strong and unstoppable, we were already been dead. Every year 50.000 people lost their homes due to wildfires. %90 percent of these fires are caused by ciggarettes. The serious thing is that people don’t realize how important taking percaution. When we don’t throw our cigarettes, don’t throw bottles into jungle we prevent fires by almost %90.
Another thing is that after the fire the are which is burned becomes a wasteland. It is seen that in wastelands it is tend to ocur more landfalls. In view of landfalls are seen in rough contries such as our village it is obvious that we need to help the environment to renovate itself in order to prevent landfalls.
Post a Comment